View of town of Dalkeith from south east
From back of print: Painted by T. Thomson; engraved by W.H. Lizars To Her Grace the Duchess of Buccleuch and Queensbury This view of the Town of Dalkeith from South East Is, with Permission, most respectfully dedicated by her Grace's most obedient and most humble servant Thomas Thomson. Published & sold by Tho Thomson & Peter Lyle Dalkeith; Crichton, West Register Street ,Edin. and Akerman & Co. Strand London 1834. The Robert Smith Celebration of 1982 dedicated a bronze tablet in St. Nickolas Kirk which is identified in the center of the spire. The Smith family lived in Lugton, a hamlet on the Edinburgh Road just beyond (though artist delineated fo houses there) The Old Engraving is the gift of Charles E. & Karen E. Peterson 1986, who attended the celebration. Financed by Robert Smith Fund, Walter S. Riley, Treasurer.
Town of Dalkeith
presented to Carpenters' Hall in 1986
14"x20", frame 28"x23"